The strategic priorities are:
- inclusive leadership, and
- economic opportunities, entrepreneurship and jobs.
The natural interconnectedness of these areas will allow for meaningful accompaniment to leaders, employers and residents of the region.
To give you a timeline of the project to date, here is a timeline of activities conducted:
- Community identification (Fall 2018)
- Establishment of the Welcome Evangeline Committee (Spring 2019)
- Development of a baseline (Summer 2019)
- Development of a community action plan (Fall 2019 to June 2020)
- Validation of funding and hiring of human resources (summer 2019)
- Implementation of the action plan (starting September 14, 2020)
- Official launch (November 6, 2020)
- Development of tools, information gathering, inventory of existing resources, networking, adaptation to the realities of the pandemic, etc. (ongoing)
The Welcoming Communities initiative has 14 Francophone communities of various profiles across the country, with the exception of Quebec.
For more information on the national project