Role of the Coopérative d'intégration de l'Île-du-Prince-Édouard (CIF) in the RIF :
- The CIF is a member of the RIF.
- The CIF is responsible for coordinating the implementation of the strategic plan to increase the Francophone demographic in the province.
- It coordinates the RIF and provides administrative support and material organization.
- The CIF is the official representative of the RIF. All official communication passes through the coordinator for the RIF.
- The CIF is responsible for informing the community about the progress of RIF's efforts.
The RIF's mandate is to develop activities, services and resources that encourage the growth of the number of people in the Acadian and Francophone demographic in Prince Edward Island.
The RIF is the community forum for their members' demographic growth activities.
RIF members must identify precise and measurable researched results, in the intermediate and long term, regarding an increase in:
- the native French-speaking population
- the rate of linguistic transmission
- the number of children registered in French-language schools
- the francization of the anglicized Acadian and Francophone population
- the Francophiles in Prince Edward Island
- the number of Francophone immigrants in Prince Edward Island
- the support of PEI's Anglophones in spreading Francophonie on the Island
The regular founding members of the RIF are the Société Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin, the Collège de l'Île., the RDÉE Î.-P.-É., the Commission scolaire de langue française de l'Î.-P.-É. the Fédération des parents de l'Île-du-Prince-Édouard, and the Coopérative d'intégration francophone de l'Île-du-Prince-Édouard (CIF). The observer members are the Office of Immigration, Settlement and Population, Public Service Commission, Le Réseau Santé en français de l'Île-du-Prince-Edouard, the Acadian and Francophone Affairs Secretariat, University of Prince Edward Island (Acadian Studies), Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Canadian Heritage.